We want to thank you for donating your time and support with Camping and Retreat Ministries. This year, we have chosen to use DropBox to have files and information that is needed for the Event Directors. Please login to your DropBox account to access your counselor roster/registration list, Event Directors Manual and much more! If you have not been given access yet, please contact Francesca Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Four main things to remember prior to camp:
- Make sure you are on our DropBox site. If you are not, email email@example.com to request access.
- Check the status of your counselors Safe Sanctuaries certification and Registration on DropBox.
- From Safe Sanctuaries Site:
- Enter your Counselor Roster. Remember, you must list yourself as a counselor too! Sign up your counselors here. Please be sure to first search for your counselor before manually adding them. There will be a submit your counselor button at the very bottom of the page.
- From the Camping Site:
- To download your Event Roster: If you did not register as a counselor or camper last year, you will need to create an account this year. If you already have a Safe Sanctuaries account from 2013, you will use that one. Once you are signed in, click on Event Leaders Only in the top portion. Request Rosters and Health Forms for your camp. Once approved, you will go back to this site to download your roster on an excel sheet.
- From the same registration page, go back to the home page and Register yourself and your health information under counselor registration. Click on SignUp or View Catalog. Choose Counselor and Staff Registration. This will take you to the 2014 Counselor and Staff Registration. Once in the Counselor Registration, choose the camp you will be a counselor at on Page 3 - Camp Selection. ONLY choose Staff if you will be paid staff at the site. If you are only going to be a counselor at 1 camp, please only fill in Selection #1.
- Off-Site Directors Cash Advance Request
I want to be an Event Director. What do I have to do?
Directors plan the camp, facilitate the camp and then follow up. In reality, these three actions are a bit more involved. The following is a break-down of common director tasks.
Plan the camp
Contact your local church Safe Sanctuaries associate to become certified
Compile a budget
Recruit staff to work with you
Make a schedule for your week
Prepare for follow-up publicity
Communicate with Site Director for supplies and other needs
Send a welcome letter to campers
Facilitate the camp
Support your staff
Coordinate program needs with the Site Director
Turn in expenses
Turn in copies of pictures, article for your camp
Evaluate the experience
Indicate interest in continuing next year