We want to thank you for donating your time and support with Camping and Retreat Ministries. This year, we have chosen to use DropBox to have files and information that is needed for the Event Directors. Please login to your DropBox account to access your counselor roster/registration list, Event Directors Manual and much more! If you have not been given access yet, please contact Francesca Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Four main things to remember prior to camp:
- Make sure you are on our DropBox site. If you are not, email email@example.com to request access.
- Check the status of your counselors Safe Sanctuaries certification and Registration on DropBox.
- From Safe Sanctuaries Site:
- Enter your Counselor Roster. Remember, you must list yourself as a counselor too! Sign up your counselors here
- From the Camping Site:
- Download your Event Roster. Create an account this year. USER ACCOUNTS FROM LAST YEAR ARE NO LONGER VALID. Click on Event Leaders Only in the top portion. Request Rosters and Health Forms for your camp. Once approved, you will go back to this site to download your roster on an excel sheet.
- Register yourself and your health information under counselor registration. Click on SignUp or View Catalog. Choose Counselor and Staff Registration. DO NOT choose the event you are a counselor at - that will be an option within the registration. Please make sure your counselors do the same.
- Off-Site Directors Cash Advance Request
I want to be an Event Director. What do I have to do?
Directors plan the camp, facilitate the camp and then follow up. In reality, these three actions are a bit more involved. The following is a break-down of common director tasks.
Plan the camp
Contact your local church Safe Sanctuaries associate to become certified
Compile a budget
Recruit staff to work with you
Make a schedule for your week
Prepare for follow-up publicity
Communicate with Site Director for supplies and other needs
Send a welcome letter to campers
Facilitate the camp
Support your staff
Coordinate program needs with the Site Director
Turn in expenses
Turn in copies of pictures, article for your camp
Evaluate the experience
Indicate interest in continuing next year